Baked brie with honey & pistachios
Up your cheese and platter game with this decadent and crowd-pleasing baked brie. The warm, creamy and gooeyness of the brie is perfect for the cold winter evenings. Paired with the salty crunch of pistachios and sweetness of honey, this combination of flavours is sure to have your guests scooping up the last bits and quickly asking for more.
Recipe: (serves 4-6 people)
- 1 (170 to 225g) round Brie or Camembert cheese, slightly chilled
- 1/4 cup lightly salted pistachios (60g), shelled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Using a sharp knife, score top rind of cheese in a crisscross pattern, spacing cuts about 1 inch apart.
- If cheese came in a wooden container, place it back in container (without any other packaging), then set on an oven tray lined with baked paper. If it came in cardboard or other wrapping, place cheese directly on tray with baking paper, without the packaging. Bake until top is soft and runny, about 25 minutes.
- Top with chopped pistachios and drizzle with honey. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve with a selection of crackers, breads, or vegetables (if you feel necessary).
Recipe adapted from seriouseats.com
Posted: Friday 14 July 2017