As furniture manufacturers and suppliers we make a living using renewable resources from the land. We realise that in order to continue to benefit from our environment we must be committed to continuously evaluating and adopting sustainable environmental practices for the future.
Below, we have highlighted some of the most important factors in our continued efforts:
- All our wood products are sourced from reputable suppliers, many of which have certifications from independent, nonprofit, non-governmental organisations, such as FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certifi cation), and AFS (Australian Forest Scheme).
- Our New Zealand rimu is sourced from sustainably managed forests through the MAF Indigenous Forestry unit.
- Our goal is to source wood products from only sustainably managed forests with accreditation.
- In certain designs we use veneer board as an environmentally efficient substitute for solid wood. One cubic metre produces up to 1000m2 of veneer.
- Waste is being reduced where possible. We recycle plastic, packaging, paper, and glass.
- We have developed and implemented a rainwater collection program to supply on-site machinery and production processes.